3.13.2013

Round Robin



Indy Modern Quilt Guild is doing a round robin swap this year.  Round robins are basically where you start a quilt with a block then send it to the next person and they add something to the quilt and then send it to the next person. I thought it might be a fun challenge so of course I signed up.  I decided to make my quilt black/white/gray and started my block with scraps in these colors.  I whipped up a block very improv style and then boxed it up for the next person.  


Since we exchanged these at the meeting I was able to then get a jump on my next block while there – which is genius because these are due right after the wedding.  I had Tisha’s quilt to start with she had made very precise 9 patch blocks using a floral print with sashing in a strip format.  This is the exact opposite of my free-style quilting and print selection.  So I spent more time thinking on what to do then actually doing it.   I finally decided to add just a simple strip of strips to one side, using only a handful of fabrics she included – and having just one strip of green in there for a surprise.  I think it meshes well with her quilt and now it’s off to the next person already.


1 comment:

thea said...

Very cool! You did a very nice job with both.