3.19.2013

Lets Get Married - Bachelorette Party Time

I virtually did nothing for this event except tell my bridesmaids that I did not want inappropriate toys or underwear and we needed to party it up at someplace my sister could get in since she's not 21. The girls planned a little roller skating party proceeded by some karaoke with all of us decked out in variations of green. It was a super fun night.
First stop was Southland Skate, where we very quickly learned that roller skating is not my speciality and quite honestly it terrifies me. Rollerblading was all the rage in the late 90s and as a throwback to my blading days - I wanted to keep pushing my feet to the side like I was rollerblading - Hah! I was the worst rollerskater but I only fell once and Sammie (the flower girl) knocked me over. Nobody broke anything but we spent some time laughing hysterically over our poor skate skills and my terror as CJ and Amy pulled me around way to fast for my liking. Good times.
After that we headed out for Karaoke (one of my favorite things). We had dinner at Just Wing N' It and then signed up for songs. I chose a little "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey - which ironically seems fitting for some who waited until her early 30s to get married, but really it's just one of those songs I know the word too. Everyone took a turn at the mic and it was great fun. I even sang with some strangers.
Around 2am we headed to Amy's for a sleepover nothing like staying up til after 4 chatting with your girlies. Even when you have to get up at 8 for church.
Thanks to my bridemaids and my girls for making this night special. You are truly awesome - I love you!



















1 comment:

thea said...

Very nice!