3.26.2013

Plains vs. Midwest Pizza-Off

On Friday I challenged my brother and Lolo out in Omaha to a little Pizza-Off - you might remember we have done this before but never remotely.  They instantly accepted because who doesn't like homemade gourmet pizza? Game was on it was the Midwest versus the Plains.  
The Plains Dwellers - Jono and Lolo decided to make a pesto sauced veggie packed pizza with Feta Cheese -  See all those veggies, Onions, Tomatoes, Spinach, Peppers...  Check it...


It seriously looks yummy right?  according to the eaters (Jono and Lo) it was "Yum Yum in my Tum Tum".  Obvisously the looks are not deceiving.
Here in the Midwest - Dustin and I went a little different route.  We made an Egg and Bacon Pizza, with some onions, scallions, homemade crust, homemade sauce, pepperjack and garlic mixed in.
I cooked my eggs prior to putting this in the oven (I am not a fanny of runny whites).
The Final result was really really good - Dustin more than half the pizza so he really liked it.  I liked the egg yolk with my homemade tomato sauce, but wished the crust was thinner.
In the end it was impossible to select a winner but really we both were winners right because we enjoyed ourselves.  

No comments: